Friday, June 5, 2009

Final Reflection

As my final week of this experience rolls around, I have been asked to comment on how this experience went. This experience was amazing in every sense of the word. From beginning to end, student teaching taught me how to be responsible and well prepared. It taught me how to be responsible because I was dealing with teenage children that need the right and proper attention. These young adults feed off their teachers’ energy. If positive energy is transmitted to them, the young adults will respond positively.
I was fortunate to have such an incredible cooperating teacher. Mrs. DelaRosa guided me through everything with open arms. She took her time to help me develop my own style and at the same time, Mrs. DelaRosa gave me the creative freedom to develop my lesson plans. All the material that was used was approved by her and was always supervised by her. When it came for me to take control over the classes, Mrs. DelaRosa supported me and gave me the confidence to teach.
At the end of this experience, I also realized that I want to venture in other roads that life might have in store for me. I realized that one point in life I do want to teach, but not right now. I do not want to be selfish with myself and with the young adults that would be in my classroom. I want to have 100% certainty that this is the road that I want to take. The way that I am going to find out is trying other occupations.

No comments:

Post a Comment