Friday, June 5, 2009

positive experience 2

Episode 2 was when I had a parent-teacher conference. I had to set up an appointment with a student and his parents. The student was improving tremendously since I had been there. Even with my cooperating teacher was teaching the class, the student had change in every aspect. I thought he should have been reward in front of his mother. The mother came to see my cooperating teacher and myself. The mother felt that I had shown something to her son that no one else had shown him. Being a Hispanic male in society is not easy. Through me, the student saw a way out of a stereotype emplaced by society. He was trying hard in every class and he thanked me for just guiding him and fellow peers to change. This episode thought me that perception is reality. If a person perceives you as a well mannered and well kept person that might show that person that you are well put together. I know what I want in life and I have a clear direction in my career, this student saw that and wanted that in his life also.

No comments:

Post a Comment