Thursday, June 4, 2009

Students becoming mechanical

During my student teaching I found it interesting that the students at the high i am at do not enjoy creative assignments and projects. Back when I was in high school I hated sitting in a class where it was all lecture all the time. These kids rather be almost preached at everyday than preforming exciting and dynamic assignments. The students will sit and do handouts all day instead of doing computer assignment in group or even work stations. This really limits the student to become only good at doing handouts. This makes the teaching job easier in a sense but monotonous. After a while the job becomes boring and not self gratifying.

I love when students voice their opinon and stand strong by it in a discussion. I love when a student can watch a movie and absorb what is being shown. Now my lesson plans are reduced to handout and busy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment