Friday, June 5, 2009

Negative Experience 2

A second negative experience was when a couple of my students just stop during any kind of school work. Not only in my class but in all others. This was really absurd to me because a student has to like at least one class. But these two students did not participate or maybe did not even show up to school. I tried to find out what was wrong. They students told me that high school was not for them. They did not agree with the way high school was set up for students. They said that they wanted to be more hands on training instead of doing the language art and the science, etc. I uderstood where they were coming from. I asked them if they wanted to go to college and they said yes because it would be more focused on something they enjoyed doing.
I told them that college for the first two years would be structured as high school because of the requirements. I also told them that with just a little effort, the grades and the attitude would flourish more. They looked at me and said they would try but it just stayed as words said and not followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment